Friday, February 10, 2017

Feeling it!

Love is in the air. So they say.
I believe that love is in your heart.
And the way to anyone's heart is through their stomach.
Uhhh. Don't mind me. I am spilling out anything that's coming to my mind or is it heart. Or both?

Which makes me come to my main point. Is our heart and mind really separate?
Of course I don't mean physically! Duh.
I mean how do we know whether something that comes to us is a feeling or a thought?
For starters, both are intangible (meaning you cannot touch either).
Both could be just plain imagination.
Both emanate from within.
So how do we differentiate one from the other?

I feel (I choose to feel than think) that thoughts are mostly a summary of our interactions with the outside world. The sum of information we gather and mingle with our intelligence. They are most of the time learned, logical and reasonable.

As opposed to feeling. Feeling is irrespective of what you have learned till now.
A person may be a doctor, having treated thousands of patients till now. Knowing that disease and illness is a part of life. But even then if a loved one gets ill, they will feel affected. Even though their brain tells them not to, their heart will give in.
Most of the time.

I say most of the time, because I have come across people who might not exhibit this.
That is what I am unable to grasp. Practical people. I mean I have always envied them. Seriously. Its like they have received a boon. Their emotions are so in check, they can get through almost anything. My observations. Could be not true.
But they can bounce back out of anything. Like elastic.

Unlike emotional people. They kind of suffer even over trivial things. Like not having bought that amazing blue dress that so caught their eyes. Or over that snide comment a friend made a week ago, but is still fresh in your mind. or heart. You decide.

Though everything has its pros and cons, Emotional people I feel, help keep humanity alive in human beings.
Their feelings, I believe is what makes the world going. Because without our feelings we would be like a car without fuel. Or food without salt.
True, you could pull or push the car to move or eat the food without taste. But then its sense of purpose is lost.

Like it would be. If human beings lost their feelings.

As Johnny Depp says,
You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

No comments: